Monday, February 27, 2012

Submit (James 4:7-10)


Good morning all,

The word of the day is “submit.” I think that the Christian culture is one of the only places where this is considered a good word. We live in this crazy world where we are taught not to submit to anybody, but be our own person. Now, I'm not here to make a case either way but what I am saying is that submitting to God is something that is pertinent and required in our faith. James tells his hearers in this passage how important it is to submit to God so that life can be lived to the fullest. Submission is not a bad thing, but good when you know how to understand it and apply it to your life.

“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”
~Jam. 4:7-10


My question for you is: how well do you do when it comes to submitting? I mean, think about it. Whether you are in the military, or any other place in life where you have some kind of boss, one of the tough parts of your job is submitting. How many of us have been in a situation where we thought something needed to go a certain way and then the boss came in and told us we are going to do it another way? Now, you may have been right or you may have been wrong. That was not really the issue. The issue was that you were called to submit. A lot of us have a problem with that. I know for a lot of my life I had a problem with submitting. It was not until I got myself a good mentor that I was able to navigate through these situations. God calls us to submit to his word and the way that he thinks that we should live life. Yeah, there are some things that are vague in the Bible and we can debate one way or the other. But when you have a good mentor, and others in your life who help you apply the word, then most things should really be right in front of you. My prayer is that you learn to submit to God's word and the plan that he has for your life.

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment